|Details of the Faculty or Staff
| Geomorphology and Quarternary Geology
| No.19 Beitucheng West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100029, China
|Education and Appointments：
Professor of Cenozoic Geology
1984 —1988: Department of Geology, Sun Yat-sen (Zhongshan) University (B.S.)
1988—1991 Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences (M.S.)
1991—1994 Institute of Geology, Chinese Academy of Sciences (Ph. D.)
1994—1996 Postdoc. at Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
1997—2000 Associate Professor at the Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2000—present , Professor at the Institute of Geology anf Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Provenance of late Cenozoic eolian deposits in northwestern China
- Uplift history of High Asia and its effects on paleoenvironment
- Cenozoic paleoclimatic reconstructions
|2008 Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) Prize in Earth Science
2004 Chinese Science and Technology Prize for Young Scientist
2002 Chinese Quaternary Association “Excellent Young Scientist” Prize
2001 Chinese Geological Union “Golden Hammer” Prize
- "Cenozoic climatic changes and its forcing mechanism in the southern Tarim Basin" Key Project from the National Natural science Foundation of China, 2009-2012.
- "Studies on the paleoaltimetry of Tibet" Project from the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009-2011.
- "Cenozoic tectonic uplift of the Tishanshan Mountains and its environmental effects" Project from the National Natural science Foundation of China, 2008-2010.
Jimin Sun, Morteza Sheykh, Nahid Ahmadi, Mengmeng Cao, Zhiliang Zhang, Shengchen Tian, Jingeng Sha, Zhimin Jian, Brian F. Windley, Morteza Talebian, 2021. Permanent closure of the Tethyan Seaway in the northwestern Iranian Plateau driven by cyclic sea-level fluctuations in the late Middle Miocene. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 564, 110172, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2020.110172
Jimin Sun, Morteza Talebian, Chunsheng Jin, Weiguo Liu, Zhiliang Zhang, Mengmeng Cao, Brian F. Windley, Morteza Sheykh, Reza Shahbazi, Shengchen Tian, 2021. Timing and forcing mechanism of the final Neotethys seawater retreat from Central Iran in response to the Arabia-Asia collision in the late early Miocene. Global and Planetary Change 197, 103395, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloplacha.2020.103395
- Jimin Sun, Zhiliang Zhang, Mengmeng Cao, B.F. Windley, Shengchen Tiana, Jingeng Sha, Sherzod Abdulov, Mustafo Gadoev, Ilhomjon Oimahmadov, 2020. Timing of seawater retreat from proto-Paratethys, sedimentary provenance, and tectonic rotations in the late Eocene-early Oligocene in the Tajik Basin, Central Asia. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 545, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2020.109657.
- Jimin Sun, Zhongli Ding, Xiaoping Xia, Min Sun, Brian F. Windley, 2018. Detrital zircon evidence for the ternary sources of the Chinese Loess Plateau. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 155, 21-34.
- Jimin Sun, Weiguo Liu, Zhonghui Liu, Tao Deng, Brian F.Windley, Bihong Fu, 2017. Extreme aridification since the beginning of the Pliocene in the Tarim Basin, western China. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 485, 189–200.
- Jimin Sun, Wenjiao Xiao, Brian F. Windley, Weiqiang Ji, Bihong Fu, Jiangang Wang, Chunsheng Jin, 2016. Provenance change of sediment input in the northeastern foreland of Pamir related to collision of the Indian Plate with the Kohistan-Ladakh arc at around 47Ma. Tectonics 35, doi:10.1002/2015TC003974.
- Jimin Sun, Brian F. Windley, Zhiliang Zhang, Bihong Fu, Shihu Li, 2016. Diachronous seawater retreat from the southwestern margin of the Tarim Basin in the late Eocene. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 116 (2016) 222–231.
- Jimin Sun, Brian Windley, 2015. Onset of aridification by 34 Ma across the Eocene-Oligocene transition in Central Asia. Geology 43, 1015–1018.
- Jimin Sun, Brent Alloway, Xiaomin Fang, Brian F. Windley, 2015. Refuting the evidence for an earlier birth of the Taklimakan Desert. PNAS 112, E5556-E5557.
- Jimin Sun, Zhijun Gong, Zhonghua Tian, Yingying Jia, Brian Windley, 2015. Late Miocene stepwise aridification in the Asian interior and the interplay between tectonics and climate. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 421 (2015) 48–59.
- Jimin Sun, Xijun Ni, Shundong Bi, Wenyu Wu, Jie Ye, Jin Meng, Brian F. Windley, 2014. Synchronous turnover of flora, fauna, and climate at the Eocene–Oligocene Boundary in Asia. Scientific Reports 4, 7463; DOI:10.1038/srep07463.
- Jimin Sun, Qinghai Xu, Weiming Liu, Zhenqing Zhang, Lei Xue, Ping Zhao, 2014. Palynological evidence for the latest Oligocene-early Miocene paleoelevation estimate in the Lunpola Basin, central Tibet. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 399, 21–30
- Jimin Sun, Tongyan Lü, Yingzeng Gong, Weiguo Liu, Xu Wang, Zhijun Gong, 2013. Effect of aridification on carbon isotopic variation and ecologic evolution at 5.3 Ma in the Asian interior. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 380: 1–11.
- Jimin Sun, Maosheng Jiang, 2013. Eocene seawater retreat from the southwest Tarim Basin and implications for early Cenozoic tectonic evolution in the Pamir Plateau. Tectonophysics 588: 27–38.
- Jimin Sun, Tongyan Lü, Zhenqing Zhang, Xu Wang, Weiguo Liu, 2012. Stepwise expansions of C4 biomass and enhanced seasonal precipitation and regional aridity during the Quaternary on the southern Chinese Loess Plateau. Quaternary Science Reviews 34: 57–65.
- Jimin Sun, Xiangkun Zhu, 2010. Temporal variations in Pb isotopes and trace element concentrations within Chinese eolian deposits during the past 8 Ma: Implications for provenance change. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 290: 438–447.
- Jimin Sun, Jie Ye, Wenyu Wu, Xijun Ni, Shundong Bi, Zhenqing Zhang, Weiming Liu, Jin Meng, 2010. Late Oligocene–Miocene mid-latitude aridification and wind patterns in the Asian interior. Geology 38: 515–518.
- Jimin Sun, Yang Li, Zhengqing Zhang, Bihong Fu, 2009. Magneostratigraphic data on the Neogene growth folding in the foreland basin of the southern Tianshan Mountains. Geology 37, 1051-1054.
- Jimin Sun, Zhengqing Zhang, Liyuan Zhang, 2009. New evidence on the age of the Taklimakan Desert. Geology 37, 159-162.
- Jimin Sun, Zhengqing Zhang, 2009. Syntectonic growth strata and implications for late Cenozoic tectonic uplift in the northern Tian Shan, China. Tectonophysics 463, 60-68.
- Jimin Sun, Zhengqing Zhang, 2008. Palynological evidence for the Mid-Miocene Climatic Optimum recorded in Cenozoic sediments of the Tianshan Range, northwestern China. Global and Planetary Change 64, 53-68.
- Jimin Sun, Liyuan Zhang, Chenglong Deng, Rixiang Zhu, 2008. Evidence for enhanced aridity in the Tarim Basin of China since 5.3 Ma. Quaternary Science Reviews 27, 1012-1023.
- Jimin Sun, Sheng-hua Li, Daniel Muhs, Bo Li, 2007. Loess sedimentation in Tibet: provenance, processes, and link with Quaternary glaciations. Quaternary Science Reviews 26, 2265-2280.
- Jimin Sun, Qinghai Xu, Baochun Huang, 2007. Late Cenozoic magnetochronology and paleoenvironmental changes in the northern foreland basin of the Tianshan Mountains. Journal of Geophysical Research 112, B04107, doi:10.1029/2006JB004653
- Jimin Sun, Tungsheng Liu, 2006. The age of the Taklimakan Desert. Science 312, 1621.
- Jimin Sun, Xiaogang Huang, 2006. Half-precessional cycles recorded in Chinese loess: response to low latitude insolation forcing during the last interglaciation. Quaternary Science Reviews 25, 1065-1072.
- Jimin Sun, Shenghua Li, Peng Han, Yongye Chen, 2006. Holocene environmental changes in central Inner Mongolia, based on single-aliquot-quartz optical dating and multi-proxy study of dune sands. Paleogeography Paleoclimatology Paleoecology 233, 51-62.
- Jimin Sun, 2005. Long-term fluvial archives in the Fen Wei Graben, central China, and their bearing on the tectonic history of the India-Asia collision system during the Quaternary. Quaternary Science Reviews 24 (10-11): 1279-1286.
- Jimin Sun, Rixiangzhu, Zhisheng An, 2005. Tectonic uplift in the northern Tibetan Plateau since 13.7 Ma ago inferred from molasse deposits along the Altyn Tagh Fault. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 235, 641-653.
- Jimin Sun, 2005. Nd and Sr isotopic variations in Chinese eolian deposits during the past 8 Ma: implications for provenance change. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 240, 454-466.
- Jimin Sun, Rixiang Zhu, James Bowler, 2004. Timing of the Tianshan Mountains uplift constrained by magnetostratigraphic analysis of molasse deposits. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 219 (3-4): 239-253.
- Jimin Sun, 2002. Provenance of loess material and formation of loess deposits on the Chinese Loess Plateau. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 203 (3-4): 845-859.
- Jimin Sun, 2002. Source regions and formation of the Loess sediments on the high mountain regions of northwestern China. Quaternary Research 58 (3): 341-351.
- Jimin Sun, Mingying Zhang, and Tungsheng Liu, 2001. Spatial and temporal characteristics of dust storms in China and its surrounding regions, 1960-1999. Journal of Geophysical Research 106, D10, 10325-10333.
- Jimin Sun, 2000. Origin of eolian sand mobilization during the past 2300 years in the Mu Us Desert, China. Quaternary Research 53, 73-88.
- Jimin Sun, Tungsheng Liu, and Zhenfa Lei, 2000. Source regions of heavy dust fall in Beijing, China on April 16, 1998. Geophysical Research Letters 27, 2105-2108.
- Jimin Sun and Tungsheng Liu, 2000. Multiple origins and interpretations of the magnetic susceptibility signal in Chinese wind-blown sediments. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 180, 287-296.
- Jimin Sun and Tungsheng Liu, 2000. Stratigraphic evidence for the uplift of the Tibetan Plateau between ~1.1 and ~0.9 myr ago. Quaternary Research 54, 309-320.
- Jimin Sun, Zhongli Ding, Dean Rokosh and Nat Rutter, 1999. 580, 000 year environmental reconstruction from eolian deposits at the Mu Us Desert margin, China. Quaternary Science Reviews 18, 1351-1364.
- Jimin Sun, Gongming Yin, Zhongli Ding, Tungsheng Liu and Jie Chen, 1998. Thermoluminescence chronology of sand profiles in the Mu Us Desert, China. Paleogeography Paleoclimatology Paleoecology 144, 225-233.
- Jimin Sun and Zhongli Ding, 1998. Deposits and Soils of the Past 130, 000 Years at the Desert-Loess Transition in Northern China. Quaternary Research 50:148-156.
- Jimin Sun, Zhongli Ding, Tungsheng Liu, 1998. Desert distributions during the glacial maximum and climatic optimum: Example of China. Episodes 21: 28-31.
- Shengchen Tian, Jimin Sun*, Zhiliang Zhang, Sherzod Aabdulov, Mengmeng Cao, Mustafo Gadoev, Ilhomjon Oimahmadov, 2020. Loess deposits in the Tajik Basin, Central Asia: chronology, provenance and palaeoclimatic implications since the Last Glacial. Boreas 00,1–20. https://doi.org/10.1111/bor.12467.
- Mengmeng Cao, Jimin Sun*, Weiguo Liu, Juzhi Houe, Qian Tian, Zhe Sun, 2020. Paleoclimatic fluctuations inferred from leaf wax n-alkane records in Central Tibet in the late Oligocene to early Miocene. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 539, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2019.109504.
- Zhiliang Zhang*, Jimin Sun*, Shengchen Tian, Lixing Lü, Bai Su, Mengmeng Cao, Jiawei Li, Yousheng Li, 2020. Environmental magnetic evidence for enhanced aridification in the Tarim Basin since ~5.3 Ma, NW China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 189, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2019.104181.
- Zhiliang Zhang, Jimin Sun, Lixing Lü, Shengchen Tian, Mengmeng Cao, 2020. Neogene climate evolution of the Tarim Basin, NW China: Evidence from environmental magnetism of the southern Tian Shan foreland. Global and Planetary Change 194, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloplacha.2020.103314.
- Zhiliang Zhang, Jimin Sun, 2020. Cenozoic tectonic rotations in different parts of the NE Pamir: implications for the evolution of the arcuate orogen. International Journal of Earth Sciences, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00531-020-01880-2.
- Lixing Lü, Jimin Sun, Zhiliang Zhang, Yingying Jia, Shengchen Tian, Sherzod Abdulov, Mustafo Gadoev, Ilhomjon Oimahmadov, 2020. Late Miocene accelerated exhumation in the central Tajik Basin and implications for northward indention and lateral growth of the Pamir. Tectonophysics 787, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2020.228438.
- Tongyan Lü*, Jimin Sun*, James K. Feathers, Dongxia Sun, 2020. Spatiotemporal variations and implications of luminescence sensitivity of quartz grains on the Chinese Loess Plateau since the last interglaciation. Quaternary Research 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1017/qua.2020.53.
- Weiguo Liu, Zhonghui Liu, Jimin Sun, Chunhui Song, Hong Chang, Huanye Wang, Zheng Wang, Zhisheng An, 2020. Onset of permanent Taklimakan Desert linked to the mid-Pleistocene transition. Geology 48, 782–786, https://doi.org/10.1130/G47406.1.
- Yuanyuan Sun, Jun Liu, Yu Liang, Junliang Ji, Weiguo Liu, Jonathan C. Aitchison, Jimin Sun, Jingfang Lu, Bowen Song, Yadong Xu, Kexin Zhang, Zhonghui Liu, 2020. Cenozoic moisture fluctuations on the northeastern Tibetan Plateau and association with global climatic conditions. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 200, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2020.104490.
- Yingying Jia, Jimin Sun, Lixing Lü, Jianzhang Pang, Ying Wang, 2020. Late Oligocene-Miocene intra-continental mountain building of the Harke Mountains, southern Chinese Tian Shan: Evidence from detrital AFT and AHe analysis. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 191, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2019.104198.
- Yingying Jia, Jimin Sun, Lixing Lü, 2020. Late Cenozoic tectono-geomorphologic evolution of the northern Tian Shan mountain range: Insight from U-Pb ages of detrital zircon grains from the Upper Oligocene-Quaternary sediments of the southern Junggar basin. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2020.104286.
- Chaopeng Lia, Dewen Zheng, Jimin Sun, Jingxing Yu, Yan Ma, Huiping Zhang,Yizhou Wang, Jianzhang Pang, Youjuan Li, Yuqi Hao, 2020. Reconstruction on regional paleo-drainage evolution in the northern Junggar Basin, China during the last ~27 myr from provenance analyses and its implications for uplift of the Altai Mountains. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 537, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.palaeo.2019.109373.
- Shengchen Tian, Jimin Sun*, Lixing Lü, Mengmeng Cao, Zhiliang Zhang, Tongyan Lü, 2019. Optically stimulated luminescence dating of late Quaternary loess deposits in the coastal region of North China: Provenance and paleoclimatic implications. Quaternary Science Reviews 218, 160-177.
- Zhiliang Zhang*, Jimin Sun*, Lixing Lü, Shengchen Tian, Mengmeng Cao, Bai Su, Jiawei Li, and Yousheng Li, 2019. Late Cenozoic Clockwise Rotations in the Westernmost Part of the Arcuate Qiulitage Fold‐and‐Thrust Belt of Southern Tian Shan Foreland and Its Tectonic Implications. Tectonics 38, https://doi.org/10.1029/2018TC005172.
- Lixing Lü*, Jimin Sun*, Zhiliang Zhang, Yingying Jia, Tao Li, Chunhong Li, Shengchen Tian, Mengmeng Cao, 2020. Cenozoic deformation and crustal shortening in the foreland of southern Tian Shan, NW China, as a response to the India-Asia collision. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 183, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseaes.2019.103960.
- Chunsheng Jin, Qingsong Liu, Deke Xu, Jimin Sun, Cange Li, Yun Zhang, Peng Han, Wentian Liang, 2019. A new correlation between Chinese loess and deep-sea δ18O records since the middle Pleistocene. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 506, 441–454.
- Fuli Wu , Yunfa Miao, Qingquan Meng, Xiaomin Fang , and Jimin Sun, 2019. Late Oligocene Tibetan Plateau Warming and Humidity: Evidence From a Sporopollen Record. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 20. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018GC007775.
- Xunming Wang, Diwen Cai, Jimin Sun, Huayu Lu, Wenbin Liu, Mingrui Qiang, Hong Cheng, Huizheng Che, Ting Hua & Caixia Zhang, 2019. Contributions of modern Gobi Desert to the Badain Jaran Desert and the Chinese Loess Plateau. Scientific Reports 9:985 | https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-37635-y.
- Zhiliang Zhang, Jimin Sun, Lixing Lü, Weitao Wang, and Yousheng Li, 2018. Neogene paleomagnetic study of the Western Baicheng Depression: implications for the intensified deformation of Tian Shan since the Latest Miocene. Miocene. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 123, 10,349–10,369. https://doi.org/10.1029/2018JB016953.
- Tongyan Lü, Jimin Sun, Zhijun Gong, 2018. Optical dating of eolian deposits since the last interglacial along the northern margin of the Chinese Loess Plateau. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 155, 154-163.
- Zhongli Ding, Edward Derbyshire, Jimin Sun, 2018. Introduction to the special issue of “Loess and Climatic Record”: Memory of Professor Liu Tungsheng for his scientific contributions and his centenary birthday. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 155, 1-7.
- Junjie Zhang, Sheng-Hua Lia, Jimin Sun, Qingzhen Hao, 2018. False age hiatus in OSL dating of loess section indicated by calcrete nodules and adjacent materials. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 155, 139-145.
- Chunsheng Jin, Qingsong Liu, Wentian Liang, Andrew P. Roberts, Jimin Sun, Pengxiang Hua, Xiangyu Zhao, Youliang Su, Zhaoxia Jiang, Zhifeng Liu, Zongqi Duan, Huihui Yang, Sihua Yuan, 2018. Magnetostratigraphy of the Fenghuoshan Group in the Hoh Xil Basin and its tectonic implications for India–Eurasia collision and Tibetan Plateau deformation. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 486, 41–53.
- Shengchen Tian, Jimin Sun*, Zhijun Gong, 2017. Loess deposits in Beijing and their paleoclimatic implications during the last interglacial-glacial cycle. Quaternary Science Reviews 177, 78-87.
- Zhijun Gong, Jimin Sun, Zhiliang Zhang, Bihong Fu, Yingying Jia, 2017. Optical dating of an offset river terrace sequence across the Karakax fault and its implication for the late Quaternary left-lateral slip rate. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 147, 415-423.
- Xunming Wang, Hong Cheng, Huizheng Che, Jimin Sun, Huayu Lu, Mingrui Qiang, Ting Hua, Bingqi Zhu, Hui Li, Wenyong Ma, Lili Lang, Linlin Jiao, Danfeng Li, 2017. Modern dust aerosol availability in northwestern China. Scientific Reports 7, 8741, DOI:10.1038/s41598-017-09458-w.
- Zhonghua Tian, Jimin Sun, Brian F. Windley, Zhiliang Zhang, Zhijun Gong, Xu Lin, Wenjiao Xiao, 2016. Cenozoic detachment folding in the southern Tianshan foreland, NW China: Shortening distances and rates. Journal of Structural Geology 84, 142-161.
- Zhiliang Zhang, Jimin Sun, Zhonghua Tian, Zhijun Gong, 2016. Magnetostratigraphy of syntectonic growth strata and implications for the late Cenozoic deformation in the Baicheng Depression, Southern Tian Shan. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 118, 111–124.
- Yunfa Miao, FuliWu, Hong Chang, Xiaomin Fang, Tao Deng, Jimin Sun, Chunsheng Jin, 2016. A Late-Eocene palynological record from the Hoh Xil Basin, northern Tibetan Plateau, and its implications for stratigraphic age, paleoclimate and paleoelevation. Gondwana Research 31, 241–252.
- Qing Sun, Yabing Shan, Kyaing Sein, Youliang Su, Qingzen Zhu, Luo Wang, Jimin Sun, Zhaoyan Gu, Guoqiang Chu, 2016. A 530 year long record of the Indian Summer Monsoon from carbonate varves in Maar Lake Twintaung, Myanmar. J. Geophys. Res. (Atmos.) 121, 5620–5630, doi:10.1002/2015JD024435.
- Zhijun Gong, Jimin Sun, Tongyan Lü, 2015. Investigating the components of the optically stimulated luminescence signals of quartz grains from sand dunes in China. Quaternary Geochronology 29, 48-57.
- Tandong Yao, Fuyuan Wu Lin Ding, Jimin Sun, Liping Zhu，Shilong Piao, Tao Deng, Xijun Ni, Hongbo Zheng, Hua Ouyang, 2015. Multispherical interactions and their effects on the Tibetan Plateau’s earth system: a review of the recent researches. National Science Review 2: 468–488, 2015
- Guodong Jia, Yang Bai, Yongjia Ma, Jimin Sun, Ping'an Peng, 2015. Paleoelevation of Tibetan Lunpola basin in the Oligocene–Miocene transition estimated from leaf wax lipid dual isotopes. Global and Planetary Change 126, 14–22.
- Zhenqing Zhang, Wei Xing, Guoping Wang, Shouzheng Tong, Xianguo Lv, Jimin Sun, 2015. The peatlands developing history in the Sanjiang Plain, NE China, and its response to East Asian monsoon variation. Scientific Reports 5, 11316; doi: 10.1038/srep11316 (2015).
- Yiwei Chen, Sheng-Hua Li, Bo Li, Qinzhen Hao, Jimin Sun, 2015. Maximum age limitation in luminescence dating of Chinese loess using the multiple-aliquot MET-pIRIR signals from K-feldspar. Quaternary Geochronology 30, 207–212.
- Zhonghua Tian, Wenjiao Xiao, Jimin Sun, Brian F. Windley et al., 2015. Triassic deformation of Permian Early Triassic arcrelated sediments in the Beishan (NW China): Last pulse of the accretionary orogenesis in the southernmost Altaids. Tectonophysics 662, 363–384.
- Zhiliang Zhang, Zhongyue Shen, Jimin Sun, Xin Wang, Zhonghua Tian, Xiaoqing Pan, Linquan Shi, 2015. Magnetostratigraphy of the Kelasu section in the Baicheng depression, Southern Tian Shan, northwestern China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 111, 492–504.
- Xu Lin, Dewen Zheng, Jimin Sun, Brian F. Windley, Zhonghua Tian, Zhijun Gong, Yingying Jia, 2015. Detrital apatite fission track evidence for provenance change in the Subei Basin and implications for the tectonic uplift of the Danghe Nan Shan (NW China) since the mid- Miocene. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 111, 302–311.
- Yan Bai, Xiaomin Fang, Guodong Jia, Jimin Sun, Rong Wen, Yuqing Ye, 2015. Different altitude effect of leaf wax n-alkane δD values in surface soils along two vapor transport pathways, southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 170, 94–107.
- Weiguo Liu, Zhonghui Liu, Zhisheng An, Jimin Sun, Hong Chang, Ning Wang, Jibao Dong, and Huanye Wang (2014). Late Miocene episodic lakes in the arid Tarim Basin, western China. PNAS 111, 16292–16296.
- Tongyan Lü, Jimin Sun, Sheng-Hua Li, Zhijun Gong, Lei Xue (2014). Vertical variations of luminescence sensitivity of quartz grains from loess/paleosol of Luochuan section in the central Chinese Loess Plateau since the last interglacial. Quaternary Geochronology 22, 107-115.
- Zhijun Gong, Jimin Sun, Tongyan Lü, Zhonghua Tian (2014). Investigating the optically stimulated luminescence dose saturation behavior for quartz grains from dune sands in China. Quaternary Geochronology 22, 137-143.
- Bin Liu, Shichang Kang, Jimin Sun, Xin Wan, Yongjie Wang, Shaopeng Gao, Zhiyuan Cong (2014). Low-molecular-weight organic acids in the Tibetan Plateau: Results from one-year of precipitation samples at the SET station. Atmospheric Environment 86, 68-73.
- Pengfei Wang, Jian Chen, Fuchu Dai, Wei Long, Chong Xu, Jimin Sun, Zhijiu Cui, 2014. Chronology of relict lake deposits around the Suwalong paleolandslide in the upper Jinsha River, SE Tibetan Plateau: Implications to Holocene tectonic perturbations. Geomorphology 217, 193-203.
- Josh Wimpenny, Qing-Zhu Yin, Darren Tollstrup, Lie-Wen Xie, Jimin Sun (2014). Using Mg isotope ratios to trace Cenozoic weathering changes: A case study from the Chinese Loess Plateau. Chemical Geology 376, 31–43.
- S. Albani, N. M. Mahowald, G. Winckler, R. F. Anderson, L. I. Bradtmiller, B. Delmonte, R. Fran？ois, M. Goman, N. G. Heavens, P. P. Hesse, S. A. Hovan, K. E. Kohfeld, H. Lu, V. Maggi, J. A. Mason, P. A. Mayewski, D. McGee, X. Miao, B. L. Otto-Bliesner, A. T. Perry, A. Pourmand, H. M. Roberts, N. Rosenbloom, T. Stevens, and J. Sun (2014). Twelve thousand years of dust: the Holocene global dust cycle constrained by natural archives. Clim. Past Discuss. 10, 4277–4363.
- Zhijun Gong, Sheng-Hua Li, Jimin Sun, Lei Xue (2013). Environmental changes in Hunshandake (Otindag) sandy land revealed by optical dating and multi-proxy study of dune sands. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 76: 30–36.
- Yiwei Chen, Sheng-Hua Li, Jimin Sun, Bihong Fu (2013). OSL dating of offset streams across the Altyn Tagh Fault: Channel deflection, loess deposition and implication for the slip rate. Tectonophysics 594: 182–194.
- Bin Liu, Shichang Kang, Jimin Sun, Yulan Zhang, Ri Xu, Yongjie Wang, Yongwen Liu, Zhiyuan Cong (2013). Wet precipitation chemistry at a high-altitude site (3,326 ma.s.l.) in the southeastern Tibetan Plateau. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. 20:5013–5027
- Shaoyuan Wu, Wenyu Wu, Fuchun Zhang, Jie Ye, Xijun Ni, Jimin Sun, Scott V. Edwards, Jin Meng, Chris L. Organ (2012). Molecular and Paleontological Evidence for a Post-Cretaceous Origin of Rodents. Plos One 7: 1-11.
- Huaiyu He, Jimin Sun, Qiuli Li, Rixiang Zhu (2012). New age determination of the Cenozoic Lunpola Basin, central Tibet. Geological Magzine, 149: 141–145.
- Li Gao, Junsheng Nie, Steven Clemens, Weiguo Liu, Jimin Sun, Roland Zech, Yongsong Huang (2012). The importance of solar insolation on the temperature variations for the past 110 kyr on the Chinese Loess Plateau. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 317–318: 128–133.
- Sheng-Hua Li, Jimin Sun, Bo Li (2012). Holocene environmental changes in central Inner Mongolia revealed by luminescence dating of sediments from the Sala Us River valley. Holocene 22: 397-404.
- Pilong Shi, Bihong Fu, Yoshiki Ninomiy, Jimin Sun, Yang Li (2012). Multispectral remote sensing mapping for hydrocarbon seepage-induced lithologic anomalies in the Kuqa foreland basin, south Tian Shan. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences 46: 70–77.
- Weiming Liu, Jimin Sun, 2012. High-resolution anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility record in the central Chinese Loess Plateau and its paleoenvironment implications. Science China (Earth Sciences) 55, 488-494.
- Zhenqing Zhang, Jimin Sun* (2011). Palynological evidence for Neogene environmental change in the foreland basin of the southern Tianshan range, northwestern China. Global and Planetary Change 75, 56–66.
- Tongyan Lü, Jimin Sun* (2011). Luminescence sensitivities of quartz grains from eolian deposits in northern China and their implications for provenance. Quaternary Research 76, 181–189.
- Bo Li, Sheng-Hua Li, Jimin Sun (2011). Isochron dating of sand-loess-soil deposits from the Mu Us Desert margin, central China. Quaternary Geochronology 6, 556-563.
- Huaiyu He, Chenglong Deng, Yongxin Pan, Tao Deng, Zhaohua Luo, Jimin Sun, Rixiang Zhu (2011). New 40Ar/39Ar dating results from the Shanwang Basin, eastern China: constraints on the age of the Shanwang Formation and associated biota. Phys. Earth Planet. Inter. 187, 66-75.
- Li, S.H., Chen, Y.R., Li, B., Sun, J.M., Yang, L.R. (2007). OSL dating of sediments from deserts in northern China. Quaternary Geochronology 2, 23-28.
- Jianqiang Yang, Zhijiu Cui, Chaolu Yi, Jimin Sun, Lirong Yang, 2007. Science in China (Series D) 50, 1685-1692.
- Li S.H., Sun J.M. (2006), Optical dating of Holocene dune sands from the Hulun Buir Desert, northeastern China. The Holocene 16, 457-462.
- Zhu R. X., Liu Q. S., Pan, Y. X., Deng C. L., Sun J.M. (2006). Identifying the origin of the magnetic directional anomalies recorded in the Datong loess profile, northeastern Chinese Loess Plateau. Geophys. J. Int. 164, 312-318.
- Ding Z.L., Derbyshire E., Yang S.L., Sun J.M. and Liu T.S. (2005). Stepwise expansion of desert environment across northern China in the past 3.5 Ma and implications for monsoon evolution. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett. 237, 45-55.
- Rokosh, D., Bush, A.B.G., Rutter, N. W., Ding, Z. L., Sun, J. M. (2003). Hydrologic and geologic factors that influenced spatial variations in loess deposition in China during the last interglacial-glacial cycle: results from proxy climate and GCM analyses. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 193, 249-260.
- Shengshan Hou, Shiling Yang, Jimin Sun, Zhongli Ding, 2003. Oxygen isotope compositions of quartz grains (4–16 μm) from Chinese eolian deposits and their implications for provenance. Science in China (Series D) 46, 1003-1011.
- Zhu R.X., Matasova G., Kazansky A., Zykina V., Sun J.M. (2002). Rock magnetic record of the last glacial-interglacial cycle from the Kurtak loess section, southern Siberia. Geophysical Journal International 152 (2): 335-343.
- Guo B, Zhu RX, Florindo F, Ding ZL, Sun JM (2002). A short, reverse polarity interval within the Jaramillo subchron: Evidence from the Jingbian section, northern Chinese Loess Plateau. Journal of Geophysical Research 107 (B6).
- Rokosh CD, Rutter NW, Ding Z, Sun JM (2002). Regional lithofacies and pedofacies variations along a north to south climatic gradient during the Last Glacial period in the central Loess Plateau, China. Quaternary Science Reviews 21 (7): 811-817.
- Dongsheng Liu, Jimin Sun, 2002. Expansion and contraction of Chinese deserts during the Quaternary. Science in China (Series D) 45, 91-101.
- Li SH, Sun JM, Zhao H (2002). Optical dating of dune sands in the northeastern deserts of China. Paleogeography Palaeoclimatology Palaeoceology, 181(4): 419-429.
- Z. L. Ding, J. M. Sun, S. L. Yang, and T. S. Liu (2001). Geochemistry of the Pliocene red clay formation in the Chinese Loess Plateau and implications for its origin, source provenance and paleoclimate change. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 65, 901-913.
- Ding, Z. L., Yang, S. L., Sun, J. M., Liu, T. S. (2001). Iron geochemistry of loess and red clay deposits in the Chinese Loess Plateau and implications for long-term Asian monsoon evolution in the last 7.0 Ma. Earth Planet. Sci. Lett.185, 99-109.
- Ding, Z. L., Yu, Z. W., Yang, S. L., Sun, J. M., Xiong, S. F., and Liu, T. S. (2001). Coeval changes in grain size and sedimentation rate of eolian loess, the Chinese Loess Plateau. Geophys. Res. Lett. 28, 2097-2100.
- Z. L. Ding, N. W. Rutter, J. M. Sun, S. L. Yang, T. S. Liu (2000). Re-arrangement of atmospheric circulatin at about 2.6 Ma over northern China: evidence from grain size records of loess-palaeosol and red clay sequences. Quat. Sci. Rev. 19, 547-558.
- Z. L. Ding, J. M. Sun, N. W. Rutter, D. Rokosh, and Liu, T. S. (1999). Changes in sand content of loess deposits along a north-south transect of the Chinese Loess Plateau and the implications for desert variations. Quaternary Research 52, 56-62.
- Z. L. Ding, S. F. Xiong, J. M. Sun, S. L. Yang, Z. Y. Gu, and T. S. Liu (1999). Pedostratigraphy and paleomagnetism of a ~7.0 Ma eolian loess-red clay sequence at Lintai, Loess Plateau, north-central China and the implications for paleomonsoon evolution. Paleogeography Palaeoclimatology Palaeoceology 152, 49-66.
- Shiling Yang, Zhongli Ding, Zhaoyan Gu, Jimin Sun, Shangfa Xiong, 1999. Pedogenic carbonate isotope record of vegetational evolution since late Miocene in Loess Plateau. Chinese Science Bulletin 1999, 44, 1034-1038.
- Zhongli Ding, Jimin Sun, Dongsheng Liu, 1999. Stepwise advance of the Mu Us Desert since late Pliocene: Evidence from a red clay-loess record. Chinese Science Bulletin 1999, 44, 1211-1214.
- Zhongli Ding, Jimin Sun, Dongsheng Liu, 1999. A sedimentological proxy indicator linking changes in loess and deserts in the Quaternary. Science in China (Series D) 42, 146-152.
- Z. L. Ding, J. M. Sun, S. L. Yang, R. X. Zhu, B. Guo, S. F. Xiong, T. S. Liu (1998). Preliminary magnetostratigraphy of a thick Red Clay-loess sequence at Lintai, the Chinese Loess Plateau. Geophysical Research Letters 25:1225-1228.
- Z. L. Ding, J. M. Sun, T. S. Liu, R. X. Zhu, S. L. Yang, B. Guo (1998). Wind-blown origin of the Pliocene red clay formation in the central Loess Plateau, China. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 161:135-143.
- Z. L.Ding, N. Rutter, T. S. Liu, J. M. Sun, J. Ren, D. Rokosh, and S. F. Xiong (1998). Correlation of Dansgaard-Oeschger cycles between Greenland ice and Chinese loess. Paleoclimates 2, 281-291.
- Zhongli Ding, Jimin Sun, Zhiwei Yu, Dongsheng Liu，1998. Chronology of environmental events over East Asia during the past 130 ka. Chinese Science Bulletin 43, 1761-1769.
|COPYRIGHT @ INSTITUTE OF GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (IGGCAS)
No. 19, Beitucheng Xilu, Chaoyang District, 100029, Beijing, PR China
Tel：010-82998001 Fax：010-62010846 Email：email@example.com