|Details of the Faculty or Staff
| No.19 Beitucheng West Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100029, China
|Education and Appointments：
Dr. Ke-Zhang QIN (秦克章)
Prof. of Economic Geology and Exploration Geology
Male, born in 1964, Hubei Province, China
Director of CAS Key Lab of Mineral Resources
Division of Solid Mineral Resources
Deputy Editor-in -Chief of "Mineral Deposits"
Fellowship of SEG, SGA, IAGOD and SRG.
Dr. Sci., 1997, Economic Geology, Hokkaido University, Japan, Supervisor: Prof. Shunso ISHIHARA
B.A., 1985, Geology, Zhejiang University, Honors.
Post-Doctor and Visiting
1998.6-2000.9 Post-Doctor research at Institute of Geology and Geophysics (CAS), Host Scientist: Shu SUN (CAS academician), major on plate tectonics and metallogeny
2005.1-4, Visiting Scientist at UBC, Canada, Host Scientist: MDRU Director R Tosdal
Expertise and skills
Economic geology and exploration, ore geochemistry, orogenses and metallogeneses: Experiences focus on porphyry Cu (Mo, Au), Vein Au-Ag-Pb-Zn, epithermal Au-Ag, magmatic Cu-Ni-PGE and VMS Cu-Pb-Zn deposits.
In some aspects as magmatism and associated porphyry-skarn, vein-type and epithermal Cu-Mo-Pb-Zn- Ag-Au metallogenic systematics and exploration assessment in Manchuria area, VHMS Pb-Zn-Cu deposits in Altay, metallogenic environment comparison of large-superlarge copper deposits between China and the rest of the world, and Cu-Au-Ni metallogeny and prospecting prediction in Eastern Tianshan, Xinjiang, he has made some new understanding and essential contribution for practical prospecting. He is the main discoverer of the Kalatage HS-epithermal Au-Cu deposit in Eastern Tianshan, and Sharang porphyry Mo deposit (the first case for single Mo deposit in Tibet) which have been proved to be large-scale.
- 2012.8-present, Head of Division of Solid Mineral Resources, Director of CAS Key Lab. of Mineral Resources, Research group leader of Orogenic belts and Metallogeneses, IGGCAS
- 2003.7-2012.8, Deputy Head of Division of Solid Mineral Resources, Research group leader of Orogenic belts and Metallogeneses, IGGCAS
- 2002-present, Professor in Innovation base, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, IGGCAS
- 2004-present, Teaching economic geology for master students at University of CAS
- 2001-2002, Research Professor, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, IGGCAS
- 1997.11-2000, Senior research fellow, BIGM-CNNC
- 1993.10-1997.12, Senior geological engineer, BIGM-CNNC;
- 1990.05-1993.10, Geological Engineer, BIGM-CNNC
- 1985.08-1990.04, Assistant geological engineer, Beijing Institute of Geology for Mineral Resources (BIGM), China National Non-Ferrous Metals Corp (CNNC)
(1) Ni-Cu-Co metallogeneses of Late paleozoic mafic-ultramafic intrusions in Eastern Tianshan and Beishan and their geodynamic setting (2011-2014)
(2)Positioning predication for epithermal-skarn-porphyry Au-Cu and skarn-porphyry W-Mo in Chizhou of Anhui Province, Lower Yangtze Valley (2007-2012)
(3) Tibet-Gangdese & Bangonghu porphyry (skarn) Cu-Au-Mo metallogeny (2003-2014) Supported by state 973 project, NSFC and Mining companies
(4) Cu-Au-Ni metallogeny and prospecting prediction in Eastern Tianshan, Xinjiang (NSFC Fund 2001-2003, National Tenth-Five years Plan project 2002-2005, CAS and National Eleventh-Five years Plan project 2006-2010)
(5) 1998.6-2001.1, Research project leader of a) Ore-forming conditions and selection for prospecting target in Tianshan orebelt; b) Tectonic evolution and metallogenic geological setting in Eastern Tianshan Orogenic belt.And joined the project “Comprehensive research on the crustal structure,geological evolution and metallogeneses of Xinjiang”.
(6)1997.5-1998.4, as member of CNNC expert group to Bolivia for Cu and Au investigation and evaluation, field survey for three months.
(7)1995.4-1997.4, research project leader on Prediction of buried ore-bodies in Jia-Cha Ag(Au)-Pb-Zn-Cu orefield and regional potential assessment in Ergun terrain, Inner Mongolia.
(8)1992.5--1995.3, research group leader of a national 'Eighth-Five years plan' key project--Metallogeny and ore prognosis for Keketale-type VHMS Pb-Zn-Cu deposits in Altay, Xinjiang.
(9)1991.5--1992.4, as a mainstay of project--Explorational survey on copper deposits both of porphyry type and VHMS type in Dongwuqi area, Inner Mongolia.
(10)1989.5--1991.4, as a mainstay of project--study on metallogenic environment comparison of large--especial-large copper deposits between China and the rest of the world and division of prospect ore belts. Investigated lots of typical copper deposits in China.
(11) 1988.5-6, with expert group on investigation of the Tianshan Mts. and south Xinjiang.
(12)1985.8-1989.7, as a mainstay of project--Research on ore-bearing criteria for porphyries in Manchuria--Xiqi copper multimetallic metallogenic belt; Metallogeny and ore prognosis for porphyry Cu Mo polymetallic deposits in Manchuria, Inner Mongolia Under supervision of Prof. Wang Zhitian.
During the past 29 years since 1984, he has investigated more than 390 ore deposits involving Cu, Mo, Au, Ag, PbZn, Fe, Ni, Co, Cr, S, Hg, Sb, W, Sn, Mn and Li-Be-Nb-Ta in China, Japan, Andes（Bolivia and Chile）, Cordillera, Turkey,Mongolia,Russia, Australia and Myannmar.
1) Meatllogeneses both in accretional and collisional orogenic belts;
2) Ore-forming processes and optimization and positioning prediction for ore deposits of porphyry-skarn Cu(Mo)- epithermal Au, vein Pb-Zn and magmatic Cu-Ni types.
Research Achievement Awards:
a. 1st-rank Sci. & Tech. progress award of MLR (2011);
b. 1st-rank Sci.& Tech. progress award of MLR (2009);
c. 2nd-rank Sci. & Tech. progress award of CNNC (1996);
d. 2nd-rank Sci. & Tech. progress award of CNNC (1993);
e. 3rd-rank China national award for Sci. & Tech. progress (1989);
f. 1st-rank Sci. & Tech. progress award of CNNC (1988)
a. 7th China Youth Sci. & Tech. Award granted by Chinese Association for Science and technology (2001)
b. Excellent Post-Doctoral fellowship of Chinese Academy of Sciences (2001)
c. Gold-Hammer Award of 7th Youth Sci. & Tech. Award of GSC (2000);
d. Selected into the 100-1000-10000 next-century talents（1998）;
e. JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) fellowship (1996);
f. Silver-Hammer Award of 3rd Youth Sci. & Tech. Award of GSC (1992);
g. Four paper prizes given by Geological Society of China (GSC) (1991, 1992) and Chinese Society of Non-Ferrous Matels (1993).
Current research project:
1) NSFC Key project ——Ni-Cu-Co metallogeneses of Late paleozoic mafic-ultramafic intrusions in Eastern Tianshan and Beishan and their geodynamic setting (2011-2014)
2) CAS Knowledge Innovation Project——Regional metallogenic regularities and ore-forming process of typical deposits in SE-China（2008-2012）
3) Chinese Geological Survey research project——Typical Ore deposits and mechnism of porphyry deposits in Xinjiang and Tibet (2009-2013).
|By now 140 papers of his have been published and 4 books as co-author. (Total of 52 papers in English, others in Chinese with English abstract)
- Tang DM, Qin KZ*, Su BX, Sakyi PA, Liu YS, Mao Q, Santosh M, Ma YG. 2013. Magma source and tectonics of the Xiangshanzhong mafic-ultramafic intrusion in the Central Asian Orogenic Belt, NW China, traced from geochemical and isotopic signatures. Lithos, 170-171, 144-163.
- Su BX，Qin KZ*，Santosh M，Sun H，Tang DM.2013. The Early Permian mafic–ultramafic complexes in the Beishan Terrane, NW China: Alaskan-type intrusives or rift cumulates? Journal of Asian Earth Sciences. 66(8) 175–187
- Ming-Jian Cao, Qi-Feng, Zhou, Ke-Zhang Qin*, Dong-Mei Tang, Noreen J. Evans.2013. The tetrad effect and geochemistry of apatite from the Altay Koktokay No. 3 pegmatite, Xinjiang, China: Implications for pegmatite petrogenesis. Mineralogy and Petrology, DOI 10.1007/s00710-013-0270-x, 21p.
- Li JX, Qin KZ, Li G.M, Xiao B, Zhao JX, Cao M.J, Chen L.2013. Petrogenesis of ore-bearing porphyries from the Duolong porphyry Cu-Au deposit, central Tibet: Evidence from U-Pb geochronology, petrochemistry and Sr-Nd-Hf-O isotope characteristics.Lithos,160-161(1): 216 - 227
- Su BX, Qin KZ*, Tang, DM, Sakyi PA, Liu PP, Sun H, Xiao QH. 2013. Late Paleozoic mafic–ultramafic intrusions in southern Central Asian Orogenic Belt, (NW China): Insight into magmatic Ni–Cu sulfide mineralization in orogenic setting. Ore Geol. Rev.51:57-73.
- Zeng Qingdong, Wang Yongbin, Zhang Song, Liu Jianming, Qin Kezhang,Yang Jinhui, Sun Weidong and Qu Wenjun。2013. U–Pb and Re–Os Geochronology of the Tongcun Molybdenum Deposit and Zhilingtou Gold-Silver Deposit in Zhejiang Province, Southeast China, and Its Geological Implications. Resource Geology，63（1）: 99-109
- Song Guoxue, Qin Kezhang*, Li Guangming, Li Xianhua and Qu Wenjun.2013. Geochronology and Ore-Forming Fluids of the Baizhangyan W–Mo Deposit in the Chizhou Area, Middle-Lower Yangtze Valley, SE-China. Resource Geology，63（1）:57-71
- Qin Kezhang.2012.Preface for Thematic Articles “Porphyry Cu-Au-Mo deposits in Tibet and Kazakhstan”. Resource Geology, 62(1):1-3.
- Tang DM, Qin KZ, Sun H, Su BX, Xiao QH, 2012. The role of crustal contamination in the formation of Ni-Cu sulfide deposits in Eastern Tianshan, Xinjiang, Northwest China: Evidence from trace element geochemistry, Re-Os, Sr-Nd, zircon Hf-O, and sulfur isotopes. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences doi:10.1016/j.jseaes.2011.11.014.
- Song GX, Qin KZ，Li GM,Liu TB, Li JX, Li XH & Chang ZS.2012. Geochronologic and isotope geochemical constraints on magmatism and associated W-Mo mineralization of the Jitoushan W-Mo deposit, Middle-Lower Yangtze Valley. International Geology Review, DOI:10.1080/00206814. 2011.646806 16p
- Su BX, Qin KZ, Sun H, Tang DM, Sakyi PA, Chu ZY, Liu PP, Xiao QH. 2012. Subduction-induced mantle heterogeneity beneath Eastern Tianshan and Beishan: insights from Nd-Sr-Hf-O isotopic mapping of Late Paleozoic mafic-ultramafic complexes. Lithos, 134-135: 41-51.
- Su BX, Qin KZ, Sun H, Tang DM, Xiao QH, Liu PP, Patrick A S.2012. Olivine Compositional Mapping of Mafic-ultramafic Complexes in Eastern Xinjiang (NW China): Implications for Ni-Cu Mineralization and Tectonic Dynamics. Journal of Earth Science. 23(1): 41-53.
- Su BX, Qin KZ, Sakyi PA, Malaviarachchi SPK, Liu PP, Tang DM, Xiao QH, Sun H, Ma YG, Mao Q. 2012. Occurrence of an Alaskan-type complex in the Middle Tianshan Massif, Central Asian Orogenic Belt: Inferences from petrological and mineralogical studies. International Geology Review, 54(3), 249-269.
- Su BX, Qin KZ, Sakyi PA, Tang DM, Liu PP, Malaviarachchi SPK, Xiao QH, Sun H. 2012. Geochronologic-petrochemical studies of the Hongshishan mafic-ultramafic intrusion, Beishan area, Xinjiang (NW China): petrogenesis and tectonic implications. International Geology Review,54(3), 270-289.
- Xiao B, Qin KZ, Li GM, Li JX, Xia DX, Chen L and Zhao JX.2012. Highly oxidized magma and fluid evolution of Miocene Qulong giant porphyry Cu- Mo deposit, southern Tibet, China. Resource Geology, 62 (1): 4-18.
- Cao MJ, Li GM, Qin KZ,Seitmuratova E.Y and Liu YS .2012. Major and trace element characteristics of apatites in granitoids from central Kazakhstan: Implications for petrogenesis and mineralization. Resource Geology, 62(1): 63-83.
- Li JX, Li GM, Qin KZ, Xiao B, Chen L and Zhao JX.2012.Mineralogy and mineral chemistry of the Cretaceous Duolong gold-rich porphyry copper deposit in the Bangongco Arc, northern Tibet. Resource Geology, 62 (1): 19-41.
- Chen L, Qin KZ, Li JX, Xiao B, Li GM, Zhao JX and Fan X.2012.Fluid inclusions and hydrogen, oxygen, sulfur isotopes of Nuri Cu-W-Mo deposit in the southern Gangdese, Tibet. Resource Geology, 62(1): 42-62.
- Zhao JX, Qin KZ, Li GM, Li JX, Xiao B and Chen L.2012. Geochemistry and Petrogenesis of granitoids at Eocene Sharang porphyry Mo deposit in the main-stage of India-Asia continental collision, northern Gangdese, Tibet. Resource Geology, 62(1): 84-98.
- LI GM, Li JX, Qin KZ, Duo J, Zhang TP, Xiao B and Zhao JX.2012. Geology and hydrothermal alteration of the Duobuza gold-rich porphyry copper district in the Bangongco metallogenetic belt, northwestern Tibet. Resource Geology, 62(1): 99-118
- Li Jin-Xiang, Qin Ke-Zhang, Li Guang-Ming, Xiao Bo, Chen Lei, Zhao Jun-Xing.2011.Post-collisional ore-bearing adakitic porphyries from Gangdese porphyry copper belt, southern Tibet: melting of thickened juvenile arc lower crust. Lithos, 126（3-4）：265-277.
- Tang Dongmei, Qin Kezhang, Li Chusi, Qi Liang, Su Benxun, Qu Wenjun.2011. Zircon dating, Hf–Sr–Nd–Os isotopes and PGE geochemistry of the Tianyu sulfide-bearing mafic–ultramafic intrusion in the Central Asian Orogenic Belt, NW China. Lithos, 126（1-2）：84-98.
- Qin Kezhang, Su Benxun, Patrick Asamoah Sakyi, Tang Dongmei, Li Xianhua, Sun He, Xiao Qinghua, Liu Ping-ping. 2011.SIMS Zircon U-Pb Geochronology and Sr-Nd Isotopes of Ni-Cu-Bearing Mafic-ultramafic Intrusions in Eastern Tianshan and Beishan in Correlation with Flood Basalts in Tarim Basin (NW China): Constraints on a ca. 280 Ma Mantle Plume. American Journal of Science, 311(3): 237–260.
- Li Jinxiang, Qin Kezhang, Li Guangming, Xiao Bo, Zhao Junxing, Chen Lei. 2011. Magmatic-hydrothermal evolution of the Cretaceous Duolong gold-rich porphyry copper deposit in the Bangongco metallogenic belt, Tibet: evidence from U-Pb and 40Ar/39Ar geochronology. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 41(6):525-536.
- Li JX, Li GM, Qin KZ, Xiao B.2011. High-temperature magmatic fluid exsolved from magma at the Duobuza porphyry copper–gold deposit, Northern Tibet. Geofluids, 11, 134–143.
- Su Benxun, Qin Kezhang，Patrick Asamoah Sakyi, Liu Pingping，Tang Dongmei,SPK Malaviarachchi, Xiao Qinghua, Sun He, Dai Yucai，Hu Yan.2011. Geochemistry and geochronology of acidic rocks in the Beishan region, NW China: Petrogenesis and tectonic implications. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences,41(1):31-43.
- Su Benxun, Qin Kezhang, Patrick Asamoah Sakyi , Li Xianhua, Yang Yueheng, Sun He, Tang Dongmei, Liu Pingping, Xiao Qinghua, Sanjeewa P.K. Malaviarachchi.2011. U–Pb ages and Hf–O isotopes of zircons from Late Paleozoic mafic–ultramafic units in the southern Central Asian Orogenic Belt: Tectonic implications and evidence for an Early-Permian mantle plume. Gondwana Research. (2011), 20(2-3): 516-531.
- Ishihara S, Qin KZ. and Wang YW. 2008. Resource evolution of Indium in the Dajing Tin-polymetallic deposits, Inner Mongolia, China. Resource Geology, 58(1): 72-79.
- Xu XW, Zhang BL, Qin KZ, Mao Q, Cai XP. 2007. Mixing of mafic and alkaline melts and origin of lamprophyre in the Beiya area, western Yunnan, China.Lithos, 99 : 339–362
- Zhang LC, Xiao WJ, Qin KZ, Zhang Q. 2006. The adakite connection of the Tuwu-Yandong copper porphyry belt, eastern Tianshan, NW China: trace element and Sr-Nd-Pb isotope geochemistry. Mineralium Deposita 41: 188-200
- Li GM, Qin KZ, Ding KS, Liu TB, Li JX, Wang SH, Jiang SY, Zhang XC.2006.Geology, Ar-Ar age and mineral assemblage of Eocene Skarn Cu-Au±Mo deposits in the Southeastern Gangdese arc, Southern Tibet: implications for deep exploration. Resource Geology, 56(3):197-217.
- Qin KZ, Xiao WJ, Zhang LC, Xu XW, Hao J, Sun S, Li JL.005. Eight stages of major ore deposits in northern Xinjiang, NW-China: Clues and constraints on the tectonic evolution and continental growth of Central Asia. In: Jingwen Mao and Frank Bierlein editors: Mineral Deposit Research: Meeting the Global Challenge. Springer, Volume 2: 1327-1330.
- Qin Kezhang，Tosdal Richards, Li Guangming, Zhang Qi and LI Jiliang.2005. Formation of the Miocene porphyry Cu(-Mo-Au) deposits in the Gangdese arc, southern Tibet, in a transitional tectonic setting. In: Zhao Caisheng and Guo Baojian editors: Mineral Deposit Research: Meeting the Global Challenge. China Land Publishing House.Volume 3: 44-47
- Zhang LC, Xiao WJo, Qin KZ. 2005. Re-Os isotopic dating of molybdenite and pyrite in the Baishan Mo-Re deposit, eastern Tianshan, NW China, and its geological significance. Mineralium Deposita, 39: 960-969.
- Zhang LC, Xiao WJ, Qin KZ, Ji JS, Yang XK. 2004. Types, geological features and geodynamic significances of gold-copper deposits in the Kanggurtag metallogenic belt, eastern Tianshan, NW China. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 93, 224-240.
- Xiao WJ, Windley BF, Badarch G, Sun S, Li JL, Qin KZ, Wang ZH.2004.Palaeozoic accretionary and convergent tectonics of the southern Altaids: implications for the lateral growth of Central Asia. Journal of the Geological Society, London, 161, 339-342.
- Zhang Lianchang, Xiao Wenjiao, Qin Kezhang, Ji Jinsheng, Yang Xingke.2004.Types, geological features and geodynamic significances of gold-copper deposits in the Kanggurtag metallogenic belt, eastern Tianshan, NW China. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 93:224-240.
- Qin KZ, Zhang LC, Xiao WJ, Xu XW, Yan Z and Mao JW. 2003. Overview of major Au, Cu, Ni and Fe deposits and metallogenic evolution of the eastern Tianshan Mountains, Northwestern China. In: Mao, Goldfarb, Seltmann, Wang, Xiao & Hart eds. Tectonic Evolution and Metallogeny of the Chinese Altay and Tianshan (London), 227-249.
- Xiao Wenjiao, Zhang Lianchang, Qin Kezhang, Sun shu and Li Jiliang.2003. Paleozoic accretionary and collisional tectonics of the eastern Tianshan (China):Implications for the continental growth of central Asia. American Journal of Sciences, Vol.34, No.4:370-395.
- Wang ZH, Sun S, Li JL, Hou QL, Qin KZ., Xiao WJ Hao J. 2003. Paleozoic tectonic evolution of the northern Xinjiang, China: geochemical and geochronolgical constrains from the ophiolites. Tectonics, 22(2), 1014-1029.
- Qin Kezhang，Sun Shu，Li Jiliang，Fang Tonghui，Wang Shulai, and Liu Wei.2002.Paleozoic epithermal Au and porphyry Cu Deposits in North Xinjiang, China: Epochs, Features，Tectonic Linkage and Exploration Significance. Resource Geology, 52(4): 291-300.
- Wang YW, Qin KZ,Tan YG, and Hou ZQ. 2000, The Derni Cu-Co Massive Sulfide Deposit, Qinghai Province, China: Ultramafic Volcanic-Hosted Submarine-Exhalative Mineralization. Exploration and Mining Geology. Vol.9, Nos.3-4: 253-264.
- Qin KZ and Ishihara S. 1998. On the possibility of porphyry copper mineralization in Japanese Islands. International Geology Review, 40(6): 539-551.
- Qin KZ. Li HM and Ishihara S. 1997. Intrusive and mineralization ages of Wunugetushan porphyry Cu-Mo deposit,NE- China: Evidence from single grain zircon U-Pb, Rb-Sr isochron and K-Ar ages. Resource Geology, 47(5): 293-298.
- Qin KZ, Wang ZT and Pan LJ. 1995. Magmatism and metallogenic systematics of the Southern Ergun Mo, Cu, Pb, Zn and Ag belt, Inner Mongolia, China. Resource Geology Special Issue, No. 18, 159-169
- Qin KZ and Wang ZT. 1994. Rare earth element behavior in the Wunugetushan copper-molybdenum deposit, Inner Mongolia, and its implications. Acta Geologica Sinica, 7(2): 153-167.
- Wang ZT and Qin KZ. 1992. The geochemical characteristics of rare earth elements of the porphyry Cu-Mo polymineralization series and their application in indentification of ore-bearing character of rock bodies in the Manchuria-Xin Baerg Right Banner region of Eastern Inner Mongolia. In: Proceedings of 1987 Guangzhou International Symposium on Petrogenesis and Mineralization of Granitoids. Science Press, Beijing, 997-1007.
- Wang ZT and Qin KZ. 1992, Geological and geochemical characteristics and origin of ore-forming materials of Wunugetushan porphyry copper-molybdenum deposit derived from the lower crust. In: Proceedings of 1987 Guangzhou International Symposium on Petrogenesis and Mineralization of Granitoids. Science Press, Beijing, 985-996.
- Wang Z and Qin KZ. 1989, Types, metallogenic environments and characteristics of temporal and spatial distribution of copper deposits in China. Acta Geologica Sinica, (1): 79-92.
|COPYRIGHT @ INSTITUTE OF GEOLOGY AND GEOPHYSICS CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (IGGCAS)
No. 19, Beitucheng Xilu, Chaoyang District, 100029, Beijing, PR China
Tel：010-82998001 Fax：010-62010846 Email：firstname.lastname@example.org